Growth hormone, which is directly responsible for our youthful appearance, is secreted mostly between 10 pm and 11 pm, so it would be good to sink into the realm of dreams during that period.
- Human growth hormone (HGH) is a natural hormone produced by the pituitary gland. It is important for cell growth, cell regeneration and reproduction, and helps maintain, build and repair healthy tissue in the brain and other organs. This hormone can help speed up wound healing after an injury and repair muscle tissue after exercise, helping to build muscle mass, boost metabolism and burn fat.
Signs of growth hormone deficiency in women include dry skin, thinning hair, a larger stomach and the development of wrinkles.
Growth hormone levels are highest when you sleep, and it is most affected by our sleep cycles.
- The production of this hormone usually reaches its peak before midnight between 22 and 23 hours, followed by several weak impulses before dawn. To optimize sleep cycles, go to bed about two hours, but not less than an hour before midnight. Research has shown that growth hormone levels begin to rise after about an hour of sleep, most likely while you are in a deep sleep.
He is also to blame for the development of osteoporosis
Growth hormone deficiency in women, according to our interlocutor, occurs when the pituitary gland does not produce enough HGH.
- In women, the level of growth hormone begins to decline in the early twenties, and signs of HGH deficiency include dry skin, thinning hair, a larger amount of stomach and the development of wrinkles.
The role of growth hormone in women becomes most apparent just when the hormone begins to decline around middle age.
- As women reach perimenopausal and menopausal years, estrogen, progesterone and HGH decline. Women may notice weight loss, increased belly fat, sleep problems, loss of interest in sex, thin, relaxed skin and low energy. Low levels of growth hormone are also associated with reduced bone mass and a high incidence of osteoporosis, which affects one in five women.
Natural ways to increase growth hormone
Growth hormone production is promoted by a healthy diet by controlling the level of body fat and insulin.
- Some foods are even directly related to the increased secretion of growth hormone. Foods rich in melatonin are recommended, because good sleep is associated with increased HGH. These include foods such as eggs, fish, mustard, tomatoes, nuts, grapes, raspberries and pomegranates.
Also, each exercise will increase your HGH level, but high-intensity activities create the most significant boost.
- One hour of weight training, running and interval training can increase HGH levels.
A recent study showed that the intake of between 15 and 20 grams of the amino acid arginine per day also increases the nocturnal production of HGH by about 60 percent.
- Foods rich in arginine include red meat, seeds, nuts, chicken, brown rice and soy. Vitamin C intake is also important for growth hormone, as it can help increase HGH.